Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

In the News - Techie Stuff

2010 seems a LONG time ago!      Hovering in pose from  Diesel Works

I hate posts without photos and I am still on "enforced vacation" until tomorrow. Yes, it WAS hard but yes I DID take most of a week off.  My house is much cleaner, I did lots of sleeping and some gardening and even a time out with a friend at the French PASTRY shop (yum).

*  I am anxious to return though and I do have some plans including a remake (well let's call it a whole overhaul as I am much smarter now) of my Windlight and Shadows tutorial. That was one of my very first videos and the current version is REALLY bad. What is worse is that there is still a lot of traffic to it (ouch!).   So updated with more info and SO much better voiceover.

*  OTHER important news on the horizon is that The Lab has apparently fixed "hover" on the official viewer. Since the Firestorm crew was reportedly instrumental in regard to improvements I suspect the advancement will appear in the next FS release. (No official info on that; just a hunch.)  This will be a big plus to both machinimatographers and photographers.

*  Also in the news, there is a move to remove "restore to last position" at the server level in Second Life. If you use it often, and want the option to remain in third party viewers, you can add your input onto this thread.

*  My last bit of info to impart is that I am working on a series of video building tutorials that a few of you might be interested in.   These are basic prim building. I have Blender tutorials also and they all can be accessed from the GRAND TUTORIAL LIST.  Even if you don't plan on being a content creator, it is always nice to be able to make some sets of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment